NeighborWorks® Association of Pennsylvania is comprised of seven community-based, non-profit corporations with the single mission of helping Pennsylvanians gain access to and remain in their homes. Our members are chartered by NeighborWorks® America, the national leader in affordable housing efforts with a network of more than 230 organizations in 50 states.
16 W. William Street
P.O. Box 31
Bath, NY 14810
A NeighborWorks® Association of Pennsylvania Affiliate Founded in 1969, Arbor Housing and Development began as a volunteer-driven organization dedicated to poverty relief. Through the years, Arbor Housing and Development transitioned into a progressive, nonprofit corporation committed to building independence and creating housing options. Along with providing residential behavioral health and domestic violence services that help people overcome challenges to live safely on their own, Arbor Housing and Development offers assistance for renters and homebuyers which translates to the security and stability that all people deserve. By developing, rehabilitating and managing quality residential sites, Arbor Housing and Development empowers people to live within their means in their communities of choice. Through a recent merger, Arbor Housing and Development now provides HUD Certified Housing Counseling and First-Time Homebuyer Services, as well as providing rental subsidies through our Housing Choice Voucher Program. Arbor Housing and Development has also recently expanded its service area to include the Northern Tier of Pennsylvania with a focus on community development and affordable housing development activities. Over the past six years, Arbor Housing and Development:
- Provided $5,476,365 of Owner Occupied Housing Rehabilitation services to 426 Households.
- Created $17,624,341 of economic development activity in four separate communities through the development of 81 new affordable housing rental units.
- Received a 2010 "Excellence in Historic Preservation" award from the Preservation League of New York for the adaptive reuse of the Belmont Hotel, Belmont, New York.
- Provided 1,014,972 units of Behavioral Health Housing to 3,640 individuals and families.
- Provided 15,349 units of Domestic Violence Shelter Services to 3,344 women and children.
- Provided Housing Choice Voucher rental subsidies to over 1,555 individuals and families per month.
213 North Fifth Street,
Suite 1030 Reading,
As a proud member of NWAP, Neighborhood Housing
Services of Greater Berks Inc's sole mission is to help
our constituents gain and keep access to affordable
In the past 3 years alone, NHS has generated over $62 million in economic activity in Berks County and the City of Philadelphia; and, as well, contributed $5 million in direct investment in Berks County alone. NHS:
- Operates a Full-Cycle® "Home Ownership Center" providing low-mortgage financing, counseling for buyers, and neighborhood leadership classes for homebuyers.
- Sponsors/Develops affordable senior housing projects, renovates vacant & blighted single-family units and builds affordable homes for first-time homebuyers.
- Provides a menu of low interest loans and grants for home repairs.
- As the lender in the Wells Fargo Bank's Philadelphia CityLIFT program, loaned $28.5 million to 194 homebuyers between October and December.
- Local leader in foreclosure mitigation, counseling 350 families each year through the process, resulting in high rate of home retention.
709 East Market Street
Scranton, PA 18509
NeighborWorks® Northeastern Pennsylvania's (NWNEPA) mission is to strengthen the financial stability of the families in northeastern Pennsylvania through homeownership creation and preservation. Its vision for strong, healthy neighborhoods is built on the concepts of resident empowerment, redevelopment and public/private partnership.
In the past 4 years alone, NWNEPA has sparked over $20 million in economic activity in Lackawanna and surrounding counties, helping create over 155 local jobs. NeighborWorks® of Northeastern Pennsylvania:
- Operates a Full-Cycle® Home Ownership Center which provides homebuyer education services, homeownership counseling, financing products and home repair services for modest-income families.
- Over the past 3 years, NWNEPA, has provided services to over 1,000 northeastern PA families and has created 115 new homeowners.
- Has helped to preserve the tax base for local communities by stabilizing over 250 properties and millions of dollars worth of mortgages through housing rehabilitation programs, foreclosure mitigation counseling & borrower/ lender mediation efforts.
- Works with neighborhood leaders to implement grassroots community development and improvement projects. • Utilizes the National Industry Standards for Homeownership Education & Counseling.
Allentown, PA 18102
NMLS # 379311
Neighborhood Housing Services (NHS) of Lehigh Valley, Inc. is dedicated to building vibrant communities throughout the Lehigh Valley. NHS fosters home ownership and housing rehabilitation among the lowto- moderate income population by providing lending, counseling, and educational services. NHS serves the entire Lehigh Valley region, which includes the cities of Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton and the counties of Lehigh and Northampton. NHS has provided down payment and closing cost assistance to thousands through the Home Ownership Outreach Program (HOOP) and has helped hundreds to rehab their homes through the Housing Rehabilitation Programs. NHS also provides counseling and education services that aim to strengthen the financial management skills of local residents.
NHS has improved the quality of life of thousands of low and moderate income residents of the Lehigh Valley over the course of 32 years. NHS has provided down payment and closing cost assistance to over 1,400 families in the Lehigh Valley. The agency has been recognized by NeighborWorks® America as a top producer of first-time home owners and by the Allentown Human Relations Commission for helping families in the Lehigh Valley to purchase their first home. NHS is licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Banking. In the past five years, NHS has:
- Allocated $2.1 million in low interest loans and grants to first-time home buyers, leveraging over $18 million in funding.
- Allocated over $430,000 in low interest loans and grants to home owners for the abatement of code violations and safety hazards.
- Provided pre-purchase counseling to 1,031 individuals/households.
- Provided financial fitness education to 373 individuals.
710 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1000
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Phone: 412-281-1100 x120
NeighborWorks® Western Pennsylvania's mission is financial empowerment that promotes home ownership and stable communities. This goal is realized by helping individuals and families strengthen their financial security through counseling and education programs.
In 2012 alone, nearly 2,222 clients benefitted from services in NeighborWorks® Western Pennsylvania's Home Ownership Center including:
- Free Financial, Budget & Credit Counseling – 991 clients; Foreclosure Prevention – 494 families served
- Free Homebuyer Education Workshops Conducted 30 workshops with 235 participants which facilitated 308 home purchases
- Financial Literacy Classes (Adult & Youth) Facilitated 69 classes for 646 participants
2515 Frankford Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19125
New Kensington Community Development Corporation seeks to serve as a catalyst to strengthen the physical, social, and economic fabric of the community. NKCDC achieves this through a combination of economic development, real estate development, land use management, housing counseling, and community organizing. NKCDC believes stable homes make stable neighborhoods, and that there should be affordable homeownership opportunities for all. NKCDC brings life to abandoned buildings by providing affordable housing to first-time homebuyers and converting old factories to new uses.
NKCDC serves more than 30,000 low-andmoderate
income families and 60,000
NKCDC works to expand homeownership
opportunities for working families. In the past
twenty years, NKCDC has helped more than
4,000 low-and-moderate income families
purchase their first home.
NKCDC offers homebuyer workshops,
weatherization education, other energy
assistance, financial literacy counseling,
personal budgeting mentoring, and foreclosure
Last year alone, NKCDC's housing counselors
were able to help 879 homeowners avoid
foreclosure, over 100 homes were weatherized
and over 2,000 residents received utility assistance.
1625 North Front Street
Harrisburg, PA 17102
Since 2001, PathStone Corporation's housing programs have leveraged more than $5 million in local, state and federal investments in South Central Pennsylvania communities for housing and homeownership opportunities. PathStone's bilingual First-Time Homebuyer Program has provided Homebuyer Education Workshops to over 3,130 individuals throughout its Pennsylvania service area since 2001. Of these, 928 have gone on to become homeowners. Provides access to low interest loans and grants for new homeowners and home repairs.
PathStone Corporation builds family and individual self-sufficiency by strengthening farm workers and rural and urban communities. PathStone promotes social justice through programs and advocacy. PathStone's Homeownership and Housing Rehabilitation programs create human, financial and physical assets for economically disadvantaged communities through comprehensive, coordinated community-based housing and economic development programs and services, and public policy initiative.